Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, May 29, 2017

Flash Fiction Scene - New life

Hi,

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day. Make sure you take a moment to thank the ones who serve our country and those who have. They are a special kind of human being. Ones with courage and dedication to the ones they protect. They deserve to know they are appreciated.

Okay, enough on my soap box. Today’s flash fiction scene is one of those that hit my mind out of nowhere. Hope you guys enjoy and remember:

Let your imagination soar when your read.
Julia

* * *
Note This is an unedited scene
ADULT CONTENT
* * *

Darkness drug at my stomach and muscles as the light-reddish orange welcomed the early risers. I wasn’t one of those. I lived in the depth of deep cave, where no sun every reached me. The days of walking among the world as sun beat down on my skin was long gone. Faded two centuries ago. A night I would never forget. A night one life ended and another began at the hands of a sharp dagger. Never was a man of violence. Wouldn’t have been then if the crude, unexpected visitor had not requested my wife for a night. When I told him no, he decided to take her anyway.

My wife’s screamed as he jerked her from her chair. I reacted without a single thought. Grabbed up the sharp kitchen knife and lunged at him. The sharp edge penetrated his thick muscles, but instead of him running off like I though he would, he released my wife and drew a blade the size of his body. I motioned Rachael to run as the man swung the blade. I managed to duck him three or four times, before he sank the blade into my stomach.

I have no idea if he caught up to my beloved wife, but I do know that another man, wearing a dark cape crept into my house and sank his teeth into my throat, taking the last few sips of my blood. From there, things become hazy, until I woke three nights later in the cave. A stranger nodded at me and told me it would be in my best interest to remain inside the cave until dark then go find a nice large deer to drink from.


That was the last time I saw the man who ended my life. He left that night, leaving me with no knowledge of what I was and to learn the dangers on my own. First few months were hard as hell, but I soon caught on to how to live my new life. One I did not want. One I did not know even existed. A monstrous life.

No comments:

Post a Comment