Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, April 24, 2017

Flash Fiction Scene



Hi,

There was no real inspiration for this week’s post. Simple came to my mind after doing some revisions and free writing. Hope you enjoy and remember,

Let your imagination soar when you read.
Julia

* * *
Adult Content
Unedited Scene
* * *

Oranges changed to red and red changed to yellow as the clouds parted, revealing a blue morning sky. It’d been a long time since she’d seen the son. Hundred years to be exact.

“How’s it feel?”

“Strange, but great.”

“I remember the first day of my one hundred mark. I had little respect for what came with that day. I hope I have trained you well enough that you do not suffer as I did.”

She spun around and threw her arms around the man who had been her father figure since the day some strange man decided it best for her to become the living dead instead of going to the afterlife to join her husband.

“I promise not to let the new found powers to go to my head.”

“I hope you keep that in mind as you find the joys that is now your new life.”

Being able to live in her own place. Out from under the thumbs of the man the Vampire Council deemed responsible for her. Shane had never once complained or treated her harshly. He had done his best to teach her everything she would need to know for the day she turned one hundred. Took long ass time for a made vampire to gain control of her natural desire for control. Not to mention the stamina to survive in the sunlight. To learn what skills had been passed to her by her sire. Hers was a bit harder, since she had no idea who had made her. She had to wait for each of them to appear. Lucky for her and Shane she only got two skills, but they were the rarest for her kind. Mental communication with humans and vampires, and the ability to fly in human form. All vampires could change into a bat, but few gained the highest talent known to the vampire world.

“Where will you be going first?”

“I’m not sure.”

“Karen, I assumed you had this entire day planned out.”

“No.”

“How come?”

“Not sure. Guess . . .” Why hadn’t she?

“Skittish?”

“A bit.”

“Understandable.” Shane nudged her shoulder and lifted his hand, shaking a set of keys. “These are for you.”

“What are they?”

“They get you into your new place.”

“Ready to have me out of your hair.”

“Not hardly. Won’t have anyone to clean my place.” Shane grinned at her. “Seriously, I seen that you were not making plans and I wanted you to have a place to call your own. Consider it a gift.”

“Thank you.” She hugged him and kissed his cheek. “Guess it’s time for me to give you your place back to you. Sure you are going to have a huge parade of women coming and going since I’m out of your hair.”

“Hardly.” Shane chuckled. “Didn’t have any before you, won’t have any now.”

“You should.” She patted his cheek. “You are a handsome man and deserve a life full of happiness.”


“One day. Maybe.” He stepped back from her and gave her a small bow. “Take your leave my child.”

No comments:

Post a Comment