Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, March 27, 2017

Flash Fiction

Hi,
This week’s Flash Fiction Post is based more off an emotional state of mind. There is no real saying of inspiration. It simply is a free write that came to mind while sitting and watching TV. Hope you enjoy it and remember to let your imagination soar when you read.

Have a great week.
Julia

* * *
Note This is an unedited scene
ADULT CONTENT
* * *
Controlled. Manipulated. Those are the words that describes my life. Why? I would tell you to mind your own business, but . . . Sometimes discussing what bothers you is the best way to gain relief. Never better time than during a worldwide disaster. Least I was telling my deepest darkest secret to someone whose life was about to end.

“You think we will be found?”

I didn’t, which was why I considered spilling my guts to the man who had been pinned with me when the bomb hit our ten-story apartment complex.

“You don’t.”

Should I lie? No. Doing so is what landed me here in the first place.

“Why not?”

“Long story.”

“We’ve got time.”

One thing we did not have and it was my fault.

“Come on. Talking will distract me from this small death-trap.”

Might as well. “This is my fault.”

“How so?”

“I knew it was coming.”

“How?”


“Been planned since before I was born.”

No comments:

Post a Comment