Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, August 8, 2016

Flash Fiction Phrase – Move It


Hope all had an amazing week. Mine has been super busy, but I’m still working hard on creating more stories for you guys. This week’s flash fiction post is geared more towards a serious and intense scene. Enjoy and remember, Let your imagination soar when you read.
* * *
UNEDITED SCENE
ADULT CONTENT
* * *
Move it? Was this asshole serious? How did he expect anyone of us to move when his ten men in arms trained an assault rifles on each of the tellers? Robbers were stupid.
“Are you guys deaf?”
“No.” I spoke up, not caring what happened to me. I had no family to worry over, unlike George whose wife was expecting a set of triplets. Or Susie, who had a little four-year-old son to raise on her own. There were seven other of her co-workers all with similar stories. Not me, though. I was single. Had no children. Had no boyfriend or friends to consider. Both parents were resting safely in heaven. I was a bonafied loner, who only left the house to come to work and pick up groceries. Nope no one cared if some idiot thief shot me down in cold blood. Plus, it was my job. Sometimes being over everyone could really suck. “Listen,” I remained still and kept my voice calm, while withholding my authoritative tone I pulled on all my employees. “I can give you whatever you want, but I need you to let the others go.”
“Who are you?”
“My name is Miss Tanner. I’m the Branch Manager.”
“Good.” The guy came up to me and jabbed his gun towards the door leading back to the safe deposit boxes. “Let me in there and the rest can go about their daily lives outside the establishment.”
“Let them leave then I’ll take you in.”

He motioned to the guys behind him, who stepped to the side, letting my coworkers pass them. Tonya’s shoes squeaked, like always when she walked across the rich brown wood floor. When they faded out, I tugged the keys free and headed toward the safe deposit boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment