Journey Series

Journey Series

Friday, April 29, 2016

Day 25 of the A to Z April Blogging Challenge 2016


Hi,
For those of you visiting my blog this is day 25 of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. Today’s corresponding letter is “Y” Today I chose the names Yura and Yuri. There were fewer names on the site I used for Y, which surprised me a bit after finding so many names for X yesterday. The choices I had also made coming up with a scene a bit difficult for me. Hope you enjoy it.
Enjoy today’s post and remember to let your imagination soar when you read.
Have a great day.
Julia
* * *
Unedited
Adult Content
* * *
I wanted to smack the grin off of Yuri’s face. He always gave the same one corner, goofy expression when he knew he had one over on me. It was the third time in a week I’d seen it and it was way beyond old.
“Might as well spill whatever you know that I don’t.”
“Would I keep something form you, Yura?”
“Yes.”
Yuri shrugged and tossed him a small index card size piece of paper covered in plastic. “What’s this?”
“Take a look and tell me what you see.”
I glanced down and the world tilted. Hell, I reached out to grab ahold of the wooden phone stand beside me. There was no way I was seeing what I saw. It was here. The angelic face we’d not seen in five years. The sweet sexy child-bearing hips I’d dreamed of for 1,825 days.
“Where did you find this?” I flipped the plastic covered newspaper article over.
“Buddy of mine clipped it and mailed it to me. He wasn’t sure if it was our Lizzy or not. He wouldn’t even tell me what he was sending me, just told me to take a look and let him know. I thought he sent me another start up venture idea.”
“She’s not changed much.”
“Nope.” Yuri came to my side and pointed at the caption under the photo. “Was taken one week ago when my friend was in Paris.”
“What’s she doing there?” she belonged at our side.
“Not sure. Not sure if she’s still there or not.”
“You got this friend of yours checking it out?”
“Course. Also bought us two open tickets for when he returns my call.”
“Great.” I ran my finger over the photo. “I don’t care why she ran from us, just that she’s safe and being taken care of.”
“Me to, Yura. Me too.”


No comments:

Post a Comment