Journey Series

Journey Series

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Day 24 of the A to Z April Blogging Challenge 2016


Hi,
For those of you visiting my blog this is day 24 of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. Today’s corresponding letter is “X” Today I chose the names Xanto and Xana. When looking for the names with X I assumed there would be a limited number. Proved the saying Assuming Makes an Ass out of you. There was way more than I dreamed possible. Most had some very unique meaning, which in this case is how I came up with the scene.
Enjoy today’s post and remember to let your imagination soar when you read.
Have a great day.
Julia
* * *
Unedited
Adult Content
* * *
“You can’t name our children Blond and Blondy.”
“The hell I can’t. I gave birth to them. You sure didn’t squeeze them out from a tiny hole. When you do, you can name them.”
“Please, sweetie, don’t curse our children with those names. Find . . . Alternate names.”
“He’s right, darling.”
I whipped my head towards my mother and fronwed. “What other names fit their amazing hair color. Her golden hair and his bright blond hair needs rewarding. It’s a family trait, one I’ve not heard of since great-grandpa.”
“I know, darling, but he wasn’t named blond, was he?”
I shook my head, hating that my mom and husband was right.
“Sweetie, there are all kinds of names that holds the meaning that will fit their amazing hair color.”
“Like what?” I knew my husband hadn’t thought this out and I wanted to see him squirm a bit. Boy what a bad mistake on my part.
“Xanto and Xana.”
The I got you grin he wore made me want to smack him upside the head. If he had already found names that honored my family trait why hadn’t he told me.
“I know, sweetie, I’m in big trouble.”
“You are, but tell me what they mean and see if you can dig yourself out of it.”
“Xanto means blond haired. Xana means golden hair.”
I stared down at my little girl and she wiggled her little fist, making me smile at her. I touched her little cheek and said, “Is your name Xana?”
“Sounds as if she agrees, darling.”
My mom was right; the cute cooing was all the answer I needed.
“You named your children, you’re out of the doghouse.”


No comments:

Post a Comment