Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, June 15, 2015

Writer’s Journey Part 3


Hope you found the character interview information interesting. This week on my journey we are going to discuss some more major information that I gained from the interviews. 

One of the secondary character interviews was with the previous Click Leader. In his interview I gained information about what a Click is, the purpose of it, and loads of information about the second main character. When I interviewed him a second time I gained insight into why he didn’t take Mark’s name off of the Click leader membership. Also figured out how and why this particular supernatural being came about. This one interview also gave me insight into the location of the story.

The interview with the other Main Character gained even more than I was expecting about the Click and how it is organized. But the major find in this interview was the stages of the ceremony that will be taking place and the importance of it, which lead me into finding out how the Main Character will grow throughout the story.

It’s amazing to me that I sat down to find out one aspect of my Main Character, a basic description, but found so much more. Even better, I earned one of those rare moments with my mom. She was reading over my shoulder while I was working on an interview and she stopped me and asked what I was doing. I explained and she squinted her eyes, you know in that way when someone thinks you’ve lost your mind, and said, “Do you actually hear the interview in your head?” I said, “Yes.” She continued to look at me for a few seconds then said, “Don’t tell anyone else, it sounds weird.” I have to admit it took me a few minutes to understand why she thought that, but when I realized she was referring to how most people don’t like to hear someone hears voices I gave her one of my eye rolls, which had her laughing.

Some writers I know think developing the story is boring and stressful. It can be, but it can also be fun and entertaining. Another admission, I’m not one who usually does a lot of preplanning for a story. Most of the time my idea is coming so fast I can only sit down and write, jotting notes I’ll need later on down. But, there are times, like with this idea, that I have to preplan more to nail down where my mind is going because I have too much going on. Like at the time I’m writing this post I have two free write going, revision on another book, and edits on one. Way more than my mind can keep up with without forgetting.

Now that I’m armed with the characters, plot, setting, and loads of other insight, I can sit down and free write. Of course, the next part is the funniest part to me. I’m not sure how long it will take to finish this free write and then decide if I’m going to self-publish it or make it a blog story, but soon as I do, you will be the first to know.

Have a great week and I hope you’ve enjoyed the last three posts.

Remember let your imagination soar when you read or write.
Julia


No comments:

Post a Comment