Journey Series

Journey Series

Thursday, April 30, 2015

A to Z April Blogging Challenge, Z Day. Z=Zebra

Hi,

Today is the Twenty-sixth, the last day of the A to Z April Blogging Challenge and today’s chapters starts with the letter Z. Enjoy and remember let your imagination soar as you read.

UNRAVELING
© Julia Matthews April 2015

* * * Story Disclaimer * * *
This is an Adult Only Story. If you are under the age of 18 please leave the website.
This is also a M/M Fantasy Romance Story.
* * * Story Disclaimer * * *


Zebra
The seven foot man yanked the scarf away from his face, earning a gasp from Jag and Chief Parker.
“Rave Mitchel. I’d shake your hand if I knew your end game in all of this.” A grin split my face, but I wasn’t sure if it was for his unexpected arrival or him sending me to Dav Community.
“I’d pay you the honor you are due, if I knew you hadn’t put my son in so much danger.” TeaLeaf huffed and tossed his head at me. “I’d let my son out or step aside if you value your life.”
“Why?” I winked at Tealeaf. “I like him safely tucked away.”
“You might not if that ray of sunlight gets any brighter.” Sham stepped away “Or, we could open the door and let it zap these four rat bastards.”
“Wouldn’t kill them.” Rave Mitchel slapped a pair of magical cuffs on Ronald and the other four Spirit Council members were cuffed by the other guys with Rave. “Ying and Yang are immune to Demon Travelers. Just like we are.”
Ronald’s head whipped around. “You can’t be. Only . . .”
“That’s right. Only the Zebra race and your filthy murdering kind are stronger than Demon Delivers.” Rave shoved Ronald over to one of his other guys then faced TeaLeaf. “How did you know I was due honor?”
“Zebra race wasn’t forgotten by all.” TeaLeaf gave a small bow. “My family passed your story down to each generation. I’m afraid I feared being able to do so with my own son, but today I was able to.”
Rave frowned and then motioned for me to come forward. “I promise I am no threat to you or your helpmate. I would like to make my apology to everyone at once, if I may.”
“Apology?” I stepped aside and Beau rushed out of the closet.
“Vain, be ready to . . .” TeaLeaf shook his head as Beau shot from the closet.
Beau darted toward the Spirit Council, but I caught him by the shirttail. He whipped his head around at me and then lowered his head when I scowled at him.
“They are secure and won’t hurt me or your dad.” I kissed his nose and then nuzzled it. He threw his arms around my neck. “Let’s listen to Rave and see if he can fill us in a bit more.”
“Fine, but he best have a damn good reason or I’ll find someway to harm his Zebra ass.” Beau glared at Rave, who had the gall to smile at Beau, which irked me enough I snarled at him until he diverted his eyes.
“Sorry.” Rave motioned towards the chairs. “I’ll start with how I survived the Ying and Yang deadly attack.” He focused on Ronald. “I was my father’s eldest son. No one knew about me, because my mother refused to join him on X-on and he didn’t want to separate her from me. He came to see me often, even left me a will, which was delivered to me the day X-on buried him.”
I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. The ruler of X-on had a human lover, which as far as I knew was a major no-no for our kind. Or it had been since the Spirit Council took control. Might have been different back then.
“I spent years among years rebuilding my race and hunting a way to gain revenge for my father and his chosen woman.” Rave sighed. “Took me way longer than I hoped, but when I ran across this young man,” he pointed at Beau, “I knew what had to be done.”
“Fuck.” TeaLeaf jumped to his feet. “You knew my son was in danger and you let him remain in those bastards hands.”
Jag was tugging on Tealeaf’s arm, but only half heartedly. It might have been Jag’s way of refraining from attacking a supernatural creature ten times stronger than him.
“I did and for that I’m sorry. I realized the best way to gain my revenge was to unite young Beau with his helpmate.” Rave threw his hand up, cutting off my interruption. “Vain, I apologizes for keeping you away from him for so long. I had to make sure there were a few of my own race around to ensure we had all the Ying and Yang present.”
“How did you know Beau was my helpmate?” I asked.
“One of my gifts is to know who each supernatural belongs to.” Rave shrugged and faced TeaLeaf. “I knew Beau was a Demon Deliver, but I had no clue until the other day that he was the son of the legendary TeaLeaf. If I had, I would’ve reached out to Sham before I sent Vain to town.”
Beau ran his hand over his face and shook his head. “When did you find me?”
“A year ago.”
Vain squeezed Beau, but wasn’t sure if that relieved his helpmate or not. Wasn’t even sure if it helped me or not. I could’ve been with Beau for a whole, but the situation could’ve been a hell of a lot worse if I’d came rushing down here a year ago. I would’ve been caught and TeaLeaf would’ve as well. Which meant most of the people living in the underworld would’ve died before every reaching X-on again.
“What is your plan next?” I asked.
“I’m going to take control of X-on and put it right.” Rave answered as if he had indeed thought about this for many years.
“What does that mean exactly?” Chief Parker crossed his arms. “Because I’ll tell you some of us don’t mind living on Earth. Never did, but we didn’t feel it was right for any of our kind to be forced to come here.”
Rave grinned. “I love Earth. Hate what they have done to it. I’ll be working with the humans to create a better compromise between us and them. Put safe guards in place for the ones who wishes to stay on Earth. The ones who wish to go home, is free to do so. There I’ll be reinserting the old ways of life, where they have a say of how X-on is ran.”
It sounded as if Rave was going to give TeaLeaf, Jag, Sham, and me what we’d been working towards since the Gutting War ended. I longed to return to X-on, but I wouldn’t if Beau didn’t want to go. My life was with him and that wouldn’t change for nothing.
Beau must have been linked to me because he leaned back and said, “I’d love to see this X-on and maybe even spend some time over there with you. Never know I may love the place. After all, I love you and as long as have you I’ll be happy.”
“Words to steel my heart.” I kissed his neck and we sat there while Rave and his men took the ex-Spirit Council away
“Guess, this means we’ll all be returning to X-on soon.” Sham looked at them all.
“For a few days at least.” Chief Parker patted Sham’s hand.
“That’s the future.” Beau pushed away from me and took hold of my hand. “For now, me and Vain are going to go enjoy the present.”

The End

This concludes the A to Z April Blogging Challenge. This has been a month of wonderful visits to different participating blogs. I thoroughly enjoyed each one of them. I’m already looking forward to next years.

I hope all enjoyed the story and remember always let your imagination soar when your read or write.

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment