Journey Series

Journey Series

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A to Z April Blogging Challenge, X Day. X=Z-on’s Secret

HI

Toady it the Twenty-fourth day of the A to Z April Blogging Challenge and today’s chapters starts with the letter X. Enjoy and remember let your imagination soar as you read.

Julia
UNRAVELING
© Julia Matthews April 2015

* * * Story Disclaimer * * *
This is an Adult Only Story. If you are under the age of 18 please leave the website.
This is also a M/M Fantasy Romance Story.
* * * Story Disclaimer * * *


X-on’s Secret
“He’s a direct descendant of the very first supernatural creature. Most don’t know of their existence. They were believed to have died long before our current leaders took over. I’m not quiet sure why the new leaders decided to make their existence a X-on Secret.”
My mouth fell open and I closed my eyes. This wasn’t possible. The Spirit Council had been around for almost a millennium and half.
“Then how do you know about them?” Beau wasn’t as stunned as the rest of us. Didn’t surprise me since he knew very little about his own race.
“The story was passed down to me by grandfather and father.” TeaLeaf sighed. “I would’ve passed it down to you.”
“Then do so know.” Beau sat up as straight as he could in my lap and smield at TeaLeaf.
 I wasn’t sure if it was Beau’s smile or the glow his request put on TeaLeaf’s face that made me the happiest. Beau had accepted TeaLeaf as his father and was trying to make up some of their lost time. Funny how it was being done during unraveling loads of secrets.
“The Zebra race was the first supernatural born and ruled X-on from get go. As more and more races sprang up from the unknown or traveled to X-on the more they were respected. The Zebra race was gentle, caring, and giving. They always put the health of others ahead of their own needs. They let the races vote and make decisions about X-on as a whole.” TeaLeaf shook his head. “Like most races there were some who disliked their approach of leadership. One day an enemy broke their protective walls and eliminated the last living one. He had not yet bore any children, so the raced . . .”
“Okay,” Vain didn’t understand why TeaLeaf thought Rave Mitchel was one of them if their race ended in the attack. “Why does Rave Mitchel having a Zebra birthmark make you think him one?”
“Who cares right now?” Beau elbowed him. “Finish the story. Did they find out who attacked them?” Beau wiggled and leaned forward a bit.
“Yeah, Vain, let TeaLeaf finish his story.” Sham chuckled and Jag buried his head in TeaLeaf’s neck.
“Fine.” I pinched Beau’s hip. “No more elbowing me.”
“Then hush and let him answer me.” Beau leaned back.
“Rumor was the Ying and Yang race, but there was never any proof since the entire fortress the Zebra lived in was burned to the ground.” TeaLeaf held his hands up. “That’s all I know of the story.”
“Damn.” Beau looked back at me. “Now you can get your answer.”
“Really, what if I want something else.” I claimed his lips and he moaned.
“I’ll give - - -“
“Stay on track.” TeaLeaf huffed and mumbled something below my hearing. I was sure it was a plea not to see his son making out with his helpmate.
I broke the kiss and squeezed Beau against my chest. “Why does Rave Mitchel having a Zebra birthmark make you think him one?”
“Every member of the Zebra race was known by their birthmark.”
“Who was the Ying and Yang race?” Sham was speed typing on his computer. “I can’t find a damn thing about them.”

“Incoming!” I sprang to my feet and pushed Beau toward the closet. He snarled at me, but didn’t argue when I shut him away just as our room door was busted down and the top five Spirit Council members stormed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment