Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, April 27, 2015

A to Z April Blogging Challenge, W Day. W=Winning Point

Hi,

Toady is the Twenty-third day of the A to Z April Blogging Challenge and today’s chapters starts with the letter W. Enjoy and remember let your imagination soar as you read.

Julia
UNRAVELING
© Julia Matthews April 2015

* * * Story Disclaimer * * *
This is an Adult Only Story. If you are under the age of 18 please leave the website.
This is also a M/M Fantasy Romance Story.
* * * Story Disclaimer * * *


Winning Point
Once again mine and Beau’s room was full. Once again it was up to me to point out another unproven theory regarding the situation we all found ourselves in. I just hoped one of my theories would lead us to some hardcore facts or the end of the entire mystery of how Beau became stashed and who was after him. Or if it was him they were after at all. I truly doubted it was. Felt more like he was a means to a bigger fish.
“Beau said you had more points to make.” TeaLeaf kicked his legs out and tugged Jag into his lap.
“Yes.”
“Going off your gut again?” Sham winked at him. “Never failed us yet.”
“Vain,” Beau wrapped his arm around my neck. “Tell them, it’s not as far fetched as you think.”
“Here’s what I’m thinking.” I sighed and prayed he was right. “Don’t think the Spirit Council expected the false Captain Stone to be discovered.”
“Why not?” Jag swung his legs over the arm of TeaLeaf’s chair.
“Not logical. Why would they send me here, the one they claim is best at uncovering secrets.” I shrugged. “I think Rave Mitchel sent me here without their knowledge.”
“How? I can’t even pull off such a task.” Sham looked at Chief Parker. “Vain said he was to report to you. Did you have a heads up about him coming?”
Chief Parker nodded. “Kind of confused me, because it wasn’t from you. Figured one of the other local supernatural creatures reported Captain Stone and his police officers before I found evidence of his abuse of power.”
“Let’s not get off point.” I was sure Captain’s Stone’s abuse of powers had nothing to do with the issue at hand. “The key in all this is Rave Mitchel. I admit I know nothing about this man. Never heard his name.”
Sham yanked his computer out and began typing. It wouldn’t take him long to dig up the nitty-gritty on the man, but until then the room was silent. Beau rested his head on my shoulder, while the others was most likely debating what I’d told them. None would make a final assessment until they knew more about Rave Mitchel, but . . . forming ideas and possible scenarios always helped the foursome squad gage their ability to adapt in unexpected situations.
“Here’s a photo of him. There’s very little info on him in the database. From what I can tell he enlisted into the Spirit Council right after we started the underground world.”
“Zoom in on him shoulder.” TeaLeaf stood with Jag in his arm and then sat him down in his seat. “Stay.”
“Hey, I’m not a dog.” Jag swatted TeaLeaf on the ass as he moved toward the projected photo of Rave Mitchel.
“Get a bit closer.” TeaLeaf tilted his head from side to side a couple of times and drew a square around one section of the photo. “Can you zoom in right there?”
I watched in silence, but studied the area TeaLeaf inspected. There was a tattoo of a Zebra. Kind of a strange animal for a man to have, but to each there own. Question was, why did it draw TeaLeaf’s attention.
TeaLeaf tapped the area and faced them all. “This isn’t just any ole supernatural creature.”
“Why you say that?” Sham went to the screen and studied the blowup section.
“The Zebra.”
Beau lifted his head and scrunched his face. “A tattoo makes him special?”
“Not a tattoo.” TeaLeaf went back to his chair and retook his seat under Jag.
“What is it then?” Beau’s full attention was on the screen.
“Birthmark.”
“How? That’s a perfect shape and color. Birthmarks aren’t so precise.”
“It’s what makes him who he is.”
“And just who is that?” My aggravation at being out of the loop was catching up to me and it was coming across in my sharp tone.
“An X-on Secret.”
I groaned at the fact of yet another secret to unravel. At least this time we had someone who could explain it to us. I just hoped he had some visual proof or something.

“And what is that?” I asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment