Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, April 20, 2015

A to Z April Blogging Challenge, Q Day. Q=Quick Recap

Hi,

Today is the Seventeenth day of the A to Z April Blogging Challenge and today’s chapters starts with the letter Q. Enjoy and remember let your imagination soar as you read.

Julia
UNRAVELING
© Julia Matthews April 2015

* * * Story Disclaimer * * *
This is an Adult Only Story. If you are under the age of 18 please leave the website.
This is also a M/M Fantasy Romance Story.
* * * Story Disclaimer * * *


Quick Recap
Beau was in my arms the moment I walked into the room small room. TeaLeaf rolled his eyes and said, “Father in the room.”
“Who cares,” I said and kissed Beau back, ending it with a nip to his lip.
“Lord they are . . .” Chief Parker paused in the doorway. “There sure are a lot of pheromones floating around this room.”
“That there is.” Sham gave him a small shove inside.
“You ain’t found yours yet?” Chief Parker asked, causing TeaLeaf, Jag and me all to gasp. We all knew Sham had, but had basically told his helpmate to go to hell the moment before he cut his head off for being the second in command in a human militia that had held twenty bear shifters in one of the death compounds we busted the day before the final battle.
I saw Sham wince and knew the pain it caused him to discuss his helpmate and Sham hated to lie to friends and family. So I did what any good friend would do and rescued him.
“Let’s get down to recapping these emails.” Sham walked by me and bumped my shoulder.
“Sure.” Chief Parker watched as Sham slunk into a vacant chair next to the window and stared outside. “How you want to do this?”
I wasn’t sure. I hadn’t thought it out. My purpose of rushing into it had been to rescue Sham. Good thing TeaLeaf knew us well enough to pick up on what I was doing and jumped in to save my ass.
“Might be best if we start with you giving the reports you’ve been stashing away in your head.” TeaLeaf yanked Jag onto his lap and grinned at me when I sat down with Beau in mine. “Furthest to newest.”
“Five weeks ago, I spotted an increase in Captain Stone’s trips to Piper. I didn’t understand why he came here so much anyway, so I followed him.” Chief Parker pulled a phone similar to the one that Sham had given the fourseom squad. “I took these photos.” He held the phone out to TeaLeaf, who pointed at Sham. “I don’t know the guy, and I couldn’t find information on him in the computers at the Spirit Council . . .or the ones I have access to.”
Sham gapsed and tossed the phone to Jag. “Tell me that isn’t who I think it is?”
“What?” Beau stood and moved to stare over TeaLeaf and Jag’s shoulder. “Who is that?”
“You know who that is.” TeaLeaf looked up at Beau.
Beau shook his head no and I stood and moved to his side. “Who is it and why do you think he knows him?”
Sham shot to his feet and jerked the phone from Jag then shoved it in my face, but looked at Beau. “How can you not know the man who raised you?”
“He didn’t.” Beau pointed at the phone. “This isn’t the guy who raised me. I’ve never seen that man before.”

“That’s not Stone.” I snarled at Sham, who wisely took a step back when Beau’s hand shot up. From there things spiraled out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment