Journey Series

Journey Series

Saturday, April 4, 2015

A to Z April Blogging Challenge Post. D Day. D= Demon Deliver

Hi,

Today is the fourth day of the A to Z April Blogging Challenge and today’s chapters starts with the letter D. Enjoy and remember let your imagination soar as you read.

Julia
UNRAVELING
© Julia Matthews April 2015

* * * Story Disclaimer * * *
This is an Adult Only Story. If you are under the age of 18 please leave the website.
This is also a M/M Fantasy Romance Story.
* * * Story Disclaimer * * *

Demon Deliver
“What are you?” I chuckled when Beau waved a hand in front of Officer Swift’s face and poked his father’s chest. “I’ve wanted to deck him for so long.”
I feared Beau would until I saw him open and close his fist. He man had major control.
“Uh, going to answer me?” Beau flicked the frozen black spray of water.
“What do you think I am?” Beau’s question confused me. From what I remember of my old friend TeaLeaf, Demon Delivers could tell what kind of supernatural creatures lived within a mile of them.
“No freaking idea.” Beau knocked a stray strain of hair off his cheek.” Whatever it is, is cool.”
 Beau moved in front of me, increasing my already thumping heartbeat. The power my sexy young man held over me was beyond comprehendible. Helpmates completed one another and stabilized any excessive amount of power flowing in the other, but the sense of ease and contentment I felt right then was . . . no word I knew fit.
What worried me the most was the lack of knowledge Beau portrayed. I sniffed the air, hoping to catch a hint of a sweet musk. None lingered. Nor did it feel like my helpmate played some kind of twisted preservation game. Way to many unknowns, but thankfully there were many within reach who could reveal those facts. A small part of me was skeptical about taking Beau at his word, but my gut, the lack of scent of a lie, and Beau’s shock when I froze time obliviated the unease within seconds.
“Can I ask a few question of my own before I answer.”
Beau crossed his arms and tilted his head to the left. “Ask, not sure I’ll answer. Or if I’ll know one.”
“Why would you . . .” I shoved the question aside, expecting it to answer itself. “Do you know what you are?”
Beau’s arms fell to his side and a deep frown formed. His eyes darted toward Captain Stone, kicking in my natural instinct to defend my helpmate. Once again, I tasted my own blood. Much more that time, because  my mind wanted to teach Captain Stone a quick lesson on how to treat a fellow supernatural creature as well as a son. I’d known many El Reapers like Captain Stone. And knew they were a cruel and sadistic race. It never extended to a child of any race.
“What do you know about yourself? Be quick about it, I expect I have five minutes before your farther regains his access to his Fawn Magic.” Once Captain Stone retrieved access to his Fawn Magic source he’d break my hold.
“All I know is this,” he pointed at the black spray, “shoots from some part of me. Mainly, when I’m ticked off. I hate it. It’s dangerous and a useless skill. Costed me friends, going to regular school, normal teenage life, and . . . Well, you get the drift.”
Lots of points for me to address in Beau’s response, way more than I had time for, so I stuck to the main issue. “We’ll come back to your answer. For now, I’ll tell you what I know about what your race.”
“In five minutes.” Beau huffed and rolled his eyes.
“No. I can give you a name and setup a follow-up meeting with you before you leave.”
“Follow-up? You some kind of doctor. I’m not insane.” Beau stepped back.
“Not a doctor. I’m a . . .” Telling him would have increased his curiosity and drive to know more. Might have made him refuse to leave and I needed him safely away from Captain Stone. “Take my word, I’m not doctor and when we meet again, I’ll explain what I am as well.”
Silence hung between them for a minute and then Beau offered his hand. “Where will we meet? You best not be screwing with me.”
“Not, promise. Wherever we meet needs to be a place your father knows nothing about.”
Beau scoffed and glared at Captain Stone. “Guardianship over me doesn’t equal father. You know where JackO pond is?”
“No. Picture it and I’ll be able to locate you.”
Beau’s eyebrow lifted just as Captain Stone’s hand fluttered. “You’ll explain that to?”
I nodded. “Get going, I’m losing my hold.”

The wooden door banged closed just as Captain Stone broke my hold.

2 comments:

  1. And things are becoming murkier, as well as more illuminating too! :)
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles
    FB3X
    Wittegen Press

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine Captain Stone is going to be in a lot of trouble at some point.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete