Journey Series

Journey Series

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A to Z April Blogging Challenge, M Day. M=Moments

HI,

Today is the Thirteenth day, the mid-point of the A to Z April Blogging Challenge and today’s chapters starts with the letter M. Enjoy and remember let your imagination soar as you read.

Julia
UNRAVELING
© Julia Matthews April 2015

* * * Story Disclaimer * * *
This is an Adult Only Story. If you are under the age of 18 please leave the website.
This is also a M/M Fantasy Romance Story.
* * * Story Disclaimer * * *

Moments
The three of us walked about half a mile before we found TeaLeaf standing under Jag, who was still in his blue mist form. TeaLeaf’s eye glistened with tears and his face looked defeated. The black cloud that usually hung over a Demon Deliver was grayish. All of those things were painful to see, but the pleading words were the hardest. It was something I never expected from TeaLeaf. The man was renowned for his composure under pressure and killing abilities. No one, not even his closest friends saw a weakness in him.
“Is this still the spell?” Sham whispered in my ear.
“Don’t think so. Think we are invading on a private moment between . . . Damn”
 “Vain?”
“They are helpmates. Why didn’t they tell us?”
“You didn’t know?” Beau leaned his head against my arm.
“No. We knew they were lovers.”
“I assumed your mother was his helpmate.” Sham grinned. “You mom was a beautiful woman.”
 “TeaLeaf told me they were helpmates when we were talking.” The fabric of my shirt ruffled as Beau shook his head. “My life sucked and was hard, but Stone never once minded me being gay, nor did his warped thinking make me feel like I had to hide myself.”
“Did TeaLeaf explain why he felt he had to?”
“Yeah. Sucks for him, but I told him he had no reason to punish himself.”
I looked down at Beau, wondering what his comment meant. I wasn’t going to ask, because it seemed like TeaLeaf’s discussion with Beau was a father and son moment. One long overdue. Too bad Sham didn’t catch onto it as quickly.
“What’s that mean?”
“TeaLeaf and my mom were married because of an arrangement. Neither cared about each other. Both were doing their duty. Jag knew this and agreed to it as long as they saw each other as much as possible.” Beau tugged me over to a tree and leaned against it. “My mom and him weren’t close. Couldn’t stand each other most of the time, but never faltered in making sure their families saw a happy, loving relationship. I wasn’t created by normal methods.”
Beau’s grin was a light among TeaLeaf’s grayness surrounding the area. I hadn’t realized Beau and TeaLeaf had such an indepth conversation, but it sounded as if the two of them made some kind of peace with one another.
“My mom had someone cast a Insemination Spell.” Beau laughed. “Kind of funny sounding, but hey, the humans done it all the time.” He waved his hand. “Anyway, the families were thrilled about me. So was my mom and TeaLeaf. Jag was even. During the pregnancy TeaLeaf was sent on a mission and my mom was killed. TeaLeaf felt responsible for not protecting the woman carrying his child. When he came back and found me I was running around in the yard playing with a dog.” Beau chuckled again. “I never had a dog that I can remember. Anyway, TeaLeaf said I was smiling and laughing. He feared his job would once again bring misery to me, so he let me stay where my mom thought I’d be safe. He might not have loved my mom, but he trusted her to make the best decision and felt he had never once done so.”
“He blamed himself for your mom’s death.” I wouldn’t have thought such a thought would’ve passed through TeaLeaf’s mind. Made sense though. TeaLeaf’s job had invaded his home. Stolen his child’s mother. Costed him two years of his son’s life and ultimately all of his son’s childhood.
“He blamed himself for a lot of things that weren’t his fault. I think . . .” Beau rubbed his chin. “I know you four are close, but I think Jag is the only one who truly knows TeaLeaf.”
“You are right.” I sat slipped in behind Beau and wound my arms around him. “Helpmates are connected in a way no one else could understand. Each year they remain together the stronger their bond becomes. I can’t wait to feel such a large scaled connection with you.”
“God, Vain, you’re going sappy on my ass.” Sham nodded towards TeaLeaf. “Jag’s changing.”
“I shot Sham a finger and kissed Beau’s cheek. “Think TeaLeaf is going to need your strength until Jag is awake. You up for it?” I knew he was, my concern was if he would openly show it. His words had held admiration and forgiveness, but showing such outwardly is way harder than people realize.
“Odd as it sounds,” Beau pushed away from me, “I kind of understand the spot he was in. Might not be ready to call him dad, but I’m ready to let the past lie.”
I took a deep breath and smiled at him. “Go help your family then. Sham and me will be right behind you.”
I watched him walk to TeaLeaf as TeaLeaf scooped Jag into his lap. Beau sat down in front of them and the two of them fell into another private conversation.
“Your helpmate is strong.” Sham said.
“Yep. He’s had to be.”
“It wasn’t suppose to be that way. TeaLeaf was getting reports from a human and a Bear Shifter friend of mine.”
“Who were they?”
“Chief Parker and Officer Swift.”
“Both were compromised?” It didn’t seem logical. Bear shifters were loyal to their friends. “Chief Parker’s a bear shifter. Did he know who Beau was?”
“Yes he is and no he didn’t. He was to watch over him and report in. I’ve been getting his reports. I spotted no irregularities in them. Promise.”
“Then he betrayed your friendship?” I shook my head. “Doesn’t fit.”
“It doesn’t. I’ve printed out all his email to me.”

I lunged at Sham and gripped his shirt. “You had him reporting by email?”

No comments:

Post a Comment