Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, December 1, 2014

What Kind of Vampires Are There?


This weeks topic is way bigger than I can address fully. For one reason, there’s plenty of Vampire stories out there. Each created Vampire holds some small or huge aspect different from others. Some drink blood to survive. Others eat human food and use blood to heal themselves. There are stories out there where vampires feed off emotions or even a person’s stored up energy. There are ones with and without fangs.

No matter what kind an author creates for their reader’s enjoyment it’s fun for them. Or at least it is for me. I read loads of vampire books, then sit down and find someway to make mine different. Each moment spent hashing out my newest vampire character is as enjoyable to me as the actual writing. It’s a time consuming process at times, but it aids me more in the end. It provides me with even more creativity for the story I’m about to write.

Do you guys have specific traits you like to see in your vampires over others? I’d love to hear some of them. I also encourage you to do a search on different kinds of vampires just to read some of the legends that span across the entire world and in different cultures.

Everyone have an awesome week and remember let your imagination soar when your read or write.


Julia Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment