Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, October 27, 2014

Frustrating Words

Anyone who follows my blog or knows me knows I hate editing. Frustrating (aka Confusing) Words is one of the major reasons. Since, I’m taking a break between round 1 and round 2 of edits I thought I’d share a few with you and then explain a bit more of thinking about this topic.

Ensure or Insure?
There, Their, They’re?
Where or were?
Piece or peace?
All right or alright?
All ready or already?
Raise or Rise?
Fewer or Less?
Which or That?
Since or Because?
Whom or who?

These words are either so similar they are easy to mix up or confusing on which is best choice to use in your story. The ones that are easy to mix up is mainly because of the spelling issues, but then those that are confusing I think come right down to grammar issues. No matter what the case, these words can drive a writer up the wall.

Some of these, in my opinion, are totally up to the author or their publisher. In some cases I think it’s personal choice for each story, because it can lend a helping hand in setting up some aspects of your story. I’ve learned one thing about some of these words (like all right and alright) it can be almost impossible to accommodate each reader, writer or publisher when using them.

Okay, that’s all on these words, I deal enough with them when I’m working on my stories. Thinking about them right now is giving me a headache. Okay, maybe it’s the idea that my two day hiatus is almost over with. Poor me, but YEAH for my readers, because that means Moon Called is getting very close to having a release date.

Hope all has a great week.
Remember let your imagination soar while reading and writing.

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment