Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, August 18, 2014

When is too much, too much?


Can a writer write too much? Maybe, the question I should ask is: Is meeting a monthly goal in two days a flow of creativity or showing the writer something? Not sure if I can answer this honestly.

Mind my seems to say yes to both, but I feel it does this because it gives me a reason not to berate myself for sitting down at my computer for two days straight without a break. In my case, that is not wise for my health or the achy body it gives. Yet, the couple of times this has happened to me, it felt amazing to sit down and completely lose myself in such an intense flow of creativity.

The results were loads of solid free write material, all most an entire book worth. It also gave me enough relaxation that I worked through a couple of personal issues that I was dealing with. Not sure if I will ever figure out how that works, but it does, for me at least. And I won’t knock it. Thankfully, for my health and body, I don’t do this often. Oh, I lose myself in deep writting for a couple of hours every day, but hey, I’m a writer. Writers have to write. It’s our fix.

So I ask this question of my writers: Can a writer write too much? For my readers I ask this: Can a reader read too much? I’d love to hear from each of you.

Everyone have an awesome week. I’m going back to work.

Let your imagination soar when your read or write,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment