Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, April 7, 2014

A to Z Blogging Challenge word of the day - Fennel

Today’s word is Fennel. It’s a tall plant, which reaches up to 6-8 feet. Fennel has blue stripes on its stem, with large umbels of yellow flowers, and a strong licorice scent.

Fennel was used in fertility and virility spells. Some people hung it above their backdoor on midsummer’s eve. This was to banish hostile entities and bad luck from their home.

Hope all enjoyed today’s post and comes back tomorrow to find out what word I chose that begins with the letter, “G”.

Have a great day and remember:
 Let Imagination Soar
Write and Read With Creativity
Julia Matthews

(If you liked this little piece of information there is more to find about related topics on all things Occult related in the book that I got this information from.)

* * * This word and information came from, The New Encyclopedia of the Occult by John Michael Greer. This particular word can be found on page 173. * * *


4 comments:

  1. I had no idea Fennel was used for such purposes. Interesting arrangement of flowers on the stem too.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - AtoZ (Vampires)
    FB3X - AtoZ (Erotic Drabbles)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fennel for virility and fertility - I'm learning something every day :)
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles - A to Z Ghosts
    Fantasy Boys XXX - A to Z Drabblerotic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of fennel in my garden - as do most people who have one plant to start with! It's certainly fertile and virile :) I hope it continues to banish hostile entities from my home. Haven't had too much bad luck either, so far... Thanks for the post!
    Jemima
    #TeamDamyanti
    Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty flower! I've never seen it in real life I don't think. Interesting uses!

    Happy A to Z-ing!
    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup.

    ReplyDelete