Journey Series

Journey Series

Monday, December 16, 2013

Is there such a thing as too many ideas?

Is there such a thing as too many ideas? Huh, don’t’ think so. Although, it can feel like it when one won’t leave you alone and there’s all kinds of other things going on around you. This test just how devoted to being a writer you are.

A few weeks back a story idea hit my head. Problem is, it took me three weeks to get the idea straightened out, so I could jot it down. For some reason every time I went to jot the idea down the right words evaded me.  The idea never left, sort of pushed itself into the background and continued to grow. Several other times I tried jotting it down, still the words to jot down didn’t come. Three weeks of this, and then finally with pretty much an entire story laid out in my head, the words hit. By this time, I was well into revising book 4 of the Journey Series.

My mind screamed jot it down, and it will leave you alone. Problem is I feared the words wouldn’t come and I would have wasted another day of preparing the other book. Finally, after another night of fitful dreams full of the character in this idea, I wrote it down. Ah, brain felt released from a prison of characters,. I went back to work on book 4, with the knowledge that I had a great start to another story once I got book 4 revised.


Too bad, that relief didn’t last long. Now I’ve got all this information in a sensible order, but have to write on it in small amounts of time while I work on Book 4. Now my nights are full of dreams of the story instead of peaceful sleep. I foresee a sleepless night full of writing. Ah, the joys of creativity and letting your imagination sore. I wouldn’t change it for anything.

Hope all is has a great week.
Julia Matthews

Christmas Countdown:
         9 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment